THYRM SWITCHBACK DF FLASHLIGHT RING
Featuring the same enhanced features as the SwitchBack® 2.0, the SwitchBack DF is the ergonomic upgrade your SureFire Dual Fuel tactical flashlight deserves! It features a larger opening to accept the Dual Fuel’s tailcap, and includes an additional lock to ensure it stays in place during hard use.
Like all our SwitchBacks, it can be used with handguns or long guns, allowing the user to:
- Reliably deploy and index a flashlight from both pockets and pouches, using the SwitchBack’s rigid, but releasable, retention ring.
- Shoot using a natural two-handed grip (the SwitchBack Technique).
- Employ all traditional low-light techniques such as Neck Index, Modified FBI, and Harries.
- Positively retain the light when drawing a firearm, reloading, and addressing a malfunction.
The SwitchBack DF also provides fast deployment and enhanced retention during many activities such as climbing, backpacking, car and home maintenance, and self-defense.
Additional SwitchBack DF Features:
- A finger ring that releases under heavy force/torque, but can be reset.
- A strong pocket clip that also works with MOLLE/PALS webbing.
- A pocket clip position that allows for slightly deeper carry than the SwitchBack® Large (original).
- A tubular portion that is cut lower to allow grip on both sides of the tail-cap during installation.
- A wide thumb rest with traction features.
- Small crush ribs on the SwitchBack DF’s lip create a custom fit.
Designed and manufactured in the USA.
The SwitchBack DF Flashlight Ring has an inner diameter of 1.12 inches, so can fit tailcaps of this size on some larger lights (see compatibility table).
Looking for a SwitchBack Flashlight Ring to fit a 1-inch diameter tailcap or 0.84 inch diameter tailcap lights? Check out the SwitchBack Large 2.0 or SwitchBack S Backup.
For installation: Unlock the release ring and hold it below the latch on the tube of the SwitchBack; this will deflect the upper locking finger of the tube’s channel. Insert the tailcap until it’s seated at the bottom of the SwitchBack DF’s tube. Reattach the ring to the latch on the tube: This will capture the tailcap within the SwitchBack DF; you can press the top end of it against the tailcap to help seat it. No additional washers or o-rings are needed for installation, but the SureFire o-ring should stay on the light.
Note: You do not need to remove the tailcap from the SwitchBack during battery changes.
Caution: When changing batteries, be sure to carefully align the tailcap and body of the flashlight and screw down the tailcap without dislodging the sealing o-ring on the body of the flashlight. This alignment is shown in the video below.